Wednesday, November 17, 2010

'Work' of Art I

Part of having a day job involves the struggle of finding balance between the monotony of punching the time card for two thirds of a week's waking hours with the fulfillment of practicing creativity.  I go through waves of learned helplessness where I am completely drained by this external obligation, leaving my spirit with no juice left to pick up the brush or pencil by the time 'work' is through.   There's no time or energy left to do the work of the creative life dream.

Unless or until (!) we have fiscal sponsors to save us from 'work' that is not the work we aspire to do or the work of creating, this tug-of-war will go on.  Right now I'm riding the wave of inspiration/creative motivation, however.  It's high tide.  I'm practicing creativity in my gnome-hole interior office...the first of a series of trading card sized 'minis'....'Work' of Art (I)
"blowout" from 'Work' of Art series

No comments:

Post a Comment