Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Looking ahead

 

I'm in the thick of 2011 already.  
It happens so fast!  
In honor of M.L.King the public school cohort enjoyed a long weekend.  Like most, I count on these holiday Mondays like I count pennies at the end of the month.  In the past I might have packed up my gear and headed out to the wilderness for some time with nature.  A big part of me really wanted to do that....but instead I held down three solid "shifts" at the art studio.  I rode my bike to St. John's in lieu of wilderness.  The sun was shining and the breeze was warm.  And creativity was a-flowing.  And here it is Tuesday and I'm feeling like I worked overtime when everyone else was lounging, sleeping in, and taking strolls, hiking the woods on a balmy holiday weekend in January.  But its worth it.  I'm on my own trail...I'm navigating the path forward, looking ahead, finding the river.  Which is the phrase to encompass my latest work:
                                       'Finding The River' will be getting some face time at Posie's Cafe in the Kenton neighborhood of North Portland beginning this Thursday, January 20th from 5ish-8ish, through mid-February.
Here are some visual previews:
 

As usual, I'd love company and I cherish drop-ins, but I am getting more adept at holding down the fort solo...

But looking ahead, as some like to do,  I would also like to announce my participation in the 6th Annual Portland Love Show at Gallery Homeland, Opening February 12.  Yes, in honor, I suppose, of my least favorite (Hallmark) holiday, I'll be describing 'love' in all its glory (?).  And though I'll still feel inevitably ironically sad and lonely come Monday, the fateful day, at least I'll be brushing elbows with hundreds of creative souls on Saturday night- wine in hand, smile on face, warmth in heart.  And the most exciting part: my dear friend Kate Brandy is joining the ranks this time! 
So be warned...you have plenty of time, oh those who are bound by the datebook...pencil me in.  I'll have images up as soon as I get finished with my piece...or started....

A resounding happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment