Friday, January 7, 2011

Monkey Business

It's First Friday people- the monthly "see-and-be-seen" event for all the introvert-y, nocturnal, vampirical arty kids to don their hippest gear and mingle with the equally awkward creatively inclined.  This month I'm socially obligated to wait in the wings of the 100th Monkey Studio/Gallery with other fellow artists for the January exhibit, themed "Light".  The biggest anxiety inducer for me with events like this is that my friends and loved ones are tired of showing up for these events, and that I'll end up lingering alone for hours, forced to engage in endless small-talk-and-mingle with a bunch of people I don't know but would love to know if I had less "I" in my INFJ (Myers-Briggs personality) and a little more social gumption...and maybe one more glass of wine.
At any rate, the monthly night of monkey business is upon me...wish me luck!


100th Monkey January show

No comments:

Post a Comment